20101012

Something Mythological I've done

"The custom of tearing in pieces the bodies of animals and of men and then devouring them raw has been practiced as a religious rite by savages in modern times. We need not therefore dismiss as a fable the testimony of antiquity to the observance of similar rites among the frenzies worshippers of Bacchus." (Frazer 454)

I'm supposed to blog on something Mythological I've done, right? Well, I'm not sure exactly how mythological it is but it is kind of epic; I was in a phenomenal reading group for Finnegans Wake and for a Corona Project we made a video of memorized lines from several different novels or epic poems. The myth here is most likely in the ritual of re-membering the dis-membered lines of these brilliant authors.


riverrun from Rio Gonzalez on Vimeo.